Saturday 7 January 2012

The BEST Chocolate Cake

SO. 2012, aye? Where did 2011 go! I love the start of the year, it is always so refreshing. Its kind of crazy how much my life in changing for 2012. This will be my 20th year alive (OMG!!!), I've said later skaters to my boyfriend (of nearly two years, for a teenager that's ageeees), I'm going to culinary school (lots of learning so you can't judge my skills just yet!), I am starting badminton again (which I haven't played in three years, stoked), I'm doing a gazillion cake decorating classes and I'm loving life!


Anyways. This cake. It is the easiest cake of my life, and yours. It is the most fluffiest hunk of goodness like you wouldn't believe therefore I suggest you try it, and once you do, I can nearly guarantee this will be your new staple FAV choc cake recipe.






Chocolate Cake
Serves: 12-16
Prep Time: 5 minutes (like no jokes, that's it!)
Cook Time: 1 hour ( two smaller cakes, less)
Recipe from: Annabel Langbein (legend!)


3 C self-raising flour
2 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda, sifted
200g butter, softened and cubed
1 C milk
3 large eggs
1 C boiling hot coffee


1. Heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease the sides and line the base of a 30cm round cake tin or two 20cm tins with baking paper.


Place all ingredients in food processor or bowl and blitz until the ingredients are combined and butter is fully incorporated.


Pour mixture into tins and bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin. Done!


Ice with your fav chocolate icing or ganache and you are good to go. 






No comments:

Post a Comment